« INZU Lodge opened in March, 2012. This dream took place several years ago when I watched the
TV Show Partir Autrement with Bruno Blanchette. My wish was to open a hotel which would be involved
in the community and where the visitors could also contribute to its well-being.
INZU Lodge team and I, wish you a pleasant stay among us »
INZU Lodge mission is to provide ecological accommodations and a unique tourism experience while respecting Rwanda’s traditions and which will also benefit the local community.
To achieve this mission, three areas will be addressed:
- Lodging in Safari Tents;
- Use of local construction materials;
- Use stainless steel straws when we are serving beverages such as smoothies and cocktails;
- Water recovery system;
- Composting toilet;
- Showers with water saving systems;
- Solar water heater in the main building;
- Low consumption lighting;
- Towel and beddings changed only upon request;
- We dont use single-use toiletries;
- We dont use individual portion packs of butter, jam and other
condiments, sachets of ketchup and mayonnaise, yoghurt pots, etc.;
- Free water filtered for all of our guests;
- Use beeswax food wraps from @Beelightrwanda for food in our kitchen;
- We eliminated single-use plastic water bottles since October 1st, 2018 ! You should bring your own reusable water bottle. We are supporting #plasticfree movement.
- Local buying from farmers and breeders;
- Waste management and composting;
- Fair trade craft shop;
- Hand craft sales from locals organisations;
- Local INZU Lodge staff;
- Vegetable garden;
- Social exchange within the community;
- We support organizations such as Travel Without Plastic and Travelers Against Plastic
Owner, Marie-Noelle, has travelled the world, staying in some of the best (and worst) accommodation along the way. She learned a lot on her adventures and in 2012, Marie-Noëlle opened the INZU Lodge in Rwanda with one goal: « I want to give tourists the opportunity to live a unique experience in order to discover this beautiful country ».
Following a Québec sans frontières internship in Rwanda the summer of 2010 (in partnership with L’AMIE), Marie-Noëlle has decided to return to open an ecolodge. It was during this stay that she fell in love with the “thousands hills” country and its inhabitants. The INZU Lodge is providing ecological accommodations and a unique tourism experience while respecting Rwanda’s traditions and which will also benefit the local community.
INZU Lodge 10th Anniversary
We are proud to get every year a Guest Review Awards from Booking.com
We are proud to get every year a Certificate Of Excellence from TripAdvisor
We have our Toursim Operating License from RDB
INZU Lodge is located in Gisenyi (Rubavu), in front of Kivu lac, close to Bralirwa.
• From Gisenyi, take the road going to Bralirwa (5km),
• From Bralirwa take the road on your right,
• Drive for about two kilometers,
• Take the dirt road for 100 meters.