What is a Tiki Boat : A Tiki Boat is a floating pontoon with a bar, equipped with barstools, speakers to play your own music, and a captain who will sail the boat in Kivu lake. Because of its unique shape and small motor, you slowly drift and bounce over Kivu Lake. It’s a fun, relaxing way to spend an afternoon or to watch one of Kivu lake’s sunsets.
How many people can accommodate a Tiki Boat : INZU Tiki Boat can holds 5 passengers or maximum 725 kilos. This includes children. We wish we could squeeze in one or two extras, but we have to remain compliant with these rules.
What is available on the INZU Tiki Boat : The price of the cruise included a beer or a soft drink per person. After, the customers will be able to purchase their drinks on board. We serve beer and non-alcoholic beverages. They will also be able to eat on board if they place an order before boarding. You can order your meal by contacting the reception of INZU Lodge +250 784 179 203 or online.
Can I bring my own beverages or food ? No. Absolutely no outside beverages or food may be brought on the boat.
What about restrooms ? Our INZU TIKI Boat is NOT equipped with restroom. We strongly encourage you to use the restroom before leaving the dock. So please do NOT drink more than you are able to « hold » while on your tour!
How safe is the boat ? The boat is equipped with a life jacket for every guest, fire extinguishers and a first aid kit.
What happens if it rains? Our INZU TIKI Boat is fully covered and a little summer rain never spoiled any good tiki party! Our captain pay close attention to the weather forecast and can decide at any time to cancel if conditions become unsafe. We may wait out a passing storm that may delay departure. The safety of our guests is our number one priority.
How fast does the tiki boat go? The INZU TIKI Boat has a cruising speed of 6 to 8 knots per hour. We’re not going anywhere fast, which allows for a leisurely cruise on the bay and plenty of photo opportunities!
How long is the cruise? All standard tours are 90min. Custom tours can also be arranged by calling +250 784 179 203 if you want more tiki time. You can book TWO cruises back-to-back and you’ll GET A HALF HOUR FREE! That’s a total of 3.5 hours. Besides relaxing with a cold drink and letting our captains worry about navigating, we can help you celebrate bachelor/bachelorette parties, birthdays, corporate meetings, girls or guys day out, or a romantic night for you and your partner.
Are children allowed on the tiki boat? The INZU TIKI Boat is fun for all guests! Regardless of age, children count toward the tiki boat’s six-person capacity.
Can I play my own music on board? Yes, we do have bluetooth speaker systems that can sync to your phone and choice of music.
Are pets allowed ? We love our pets …but for the safety of all passengers, pets and/or therapy animals are not allowed onboard.
Is smoking allowed? No! Unfortunately, we do not allow traditional cigarette, cigar smoking or any vaping onboard. The tiki boats are made of high quality wood and bamboo and powered by an outboard motor with a below deck fuel tank, so your safety is most important!
Should I tip my captain? Our captain work hard to make sure your Tiki Tour is as enjoyable as possible. If your captain helped to make your trip memorable, let him know! And be sure to leave a review on our Facebook / Instagram pages.
Booking your tiki cruise is easy! Call us +250 784 179 203 or send us an email email@example.com
What is the cost? 1 per = 25 000 RwF, 2 pers = 40 000 RwF, 3 pers = 55 000 RwF, 4 pers = 70 000 RwF, 5 pers = 85 000 RwF (Children 10 000 RwF)
All cruises are 90 mins and includes a captain, a waiter and a complimentary beverage (beer, or non-alcoholic beverages). You must be 18 or over to consume alcoholic beverages. Before departure, our Liabilty Waiver must be completed and signed by all passengers.
What days and times do you operate? We are OPEN EVERY DAY between 8 a.m. and 6 p.m. Last departure for a tiki cruise is at 4:30 p.m.
Where does the cruise start and end?
What payment methods do you accept? We accept cash payment in RwF, US and Euro, with MTN Momo Pay and with Paypal. All cruises must be pre-booked and be paid before departure. Cruises cannot be paid for at the boat, unless other arrangements have been made.
Cancellation/inclement weather policy : We reserve the right to cancel any tour at any time due to weather, safety, mechanical or behavioral issues. If your tour is canceled, you will be given a rain check to re-book at another time (this excludes behavioral, along with alcohol related cancellations).
TERMS & CONDITIONS
* The « Captain’s Word is the Law » – For the safety of all passengers, please listen and follow all directions given by the Captain.
* Any passenger acting in a dangerous, disorderly or disruptive manner may be asked to leave the vessel by the Captain and will not be refunded any payments
* For your safety and comfort please remember to bring sun block, sunglasses, hats and towels.
* ALL passengers must arrive at the dock and be ready to board a minimum of 15 minutes prior to your departure time. Late arrival could result in a missed cruise and loss of non-refundable payment.
* Payments are due in full at time of booking and are non-refundable.
* Late arrivals and/or no shows will result in loss of non-refundable tour payment.
* If the Captain has to cancel the tour due to inclement weather, mechanical issues or any other reason, then your tour will be rescheduled at the next available date/time that is convenient for all parties. If the tour cannot be rescheduled, then you will be refunded in full for the tour amount.
* If the weather changes while on the tour and lightning begins, we are required to go back in for your safety. Depending on the time of the tour that was lost, rescheduling is an option if more than half of your tour was cut short.